The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers.
On this website, the controller has integrated the component of Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service. Web analytics is the collection, gathering, and analysis of data about the behavior of visitors to websites. A web analysis service collects, inter alia, data about the website from which a person has come (the so-called referrer), which sub-pages were visited, or how often and for what duration a sub-page was viewed. Web analytics are mainly used for the optimization of a website and in order to carry out a cost-benefit analysis of Internet advertising.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyze the traffic on our website. Google uses the collected data and information, inter alia, to evaluate the use of our website and to provide online reports, which show the activities on our websites, and to provide other services concerning the use of our Internet site for us.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. The definition of cookies is explained above. With the setting of the cookie, Google is enabled to analyze the use of our website. With each call-up to one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and into which a Google Analytics component was integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject will automatically submit data through the Google Analytics component for the purpose of online advertising and the settlement of commissions to Google. During the course of this technical procedure, the enterprise Google gains knowledge of personal information, such as the IP address of the data subject, which serves Google, inter alia, to understand the origin of visitors and clicks, and subsequently create commission settlements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which the access was made, and the frequency of visits of our website by the data subject. With each visit to our Internet site, such personal data, including the IP address of the Internet access used by the data subject, will be transmitted to Google in the United States of America. These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties.
The data subject may, as stated above, prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the data subject. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following Link https://www.google.com/analytics/.
Personal Information Policy and Statement
- IGI makes available on its website a copy of the “IGI Personal Information Commitment” and sends a copy by email once to each person who provides information for the purposes of being kept informed or participating in the work of IGI.
- IGI treats the personal information of all individuals with care, and uses reasonable endeavours to protect it from theft, tampering, or other misuse.
- IGI makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and integrity of its personal data.
- IGI does not collect data about individuals that is not relevant to the provision of the specific services of IGI for which they are deemed to have consented.
- It is not the policy of IGI to buy or sell personal contact information.
- IGI does not collect any information on persons under the age of 16 years.
- IGI remains registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
- The Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR is currently (July 2018) the Chairman of Trustees. The holder of this position will only be changed by a decision of the Trustees of IGI.
IGI Personal Information Commitment
When you provide personal information to the IGI or use our website, we make the following undertakings:
- The information will only be used for the purposes of providing you with the services from IGI for which you have provided it. This includes from time to time sending you news updates about the work of IGI and the materials or products it creates or supplies for the purposes of achieving its stated objects. If you reside in Africa, it also includes supplying your contact details to the leadership of the local affiliate of IGI, so that they can inform you about local activities.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from theft or loss, including the use of physical protection of media, password controls, etc.
- We will not supply your information to third parties, other than third parties working directly under contract for IGI to assist in the activities stated in clause 2 above. We do not normally use any such third parties. In the event that we use such third parties, we will require similar commitments from them to those we ourselves give in this statement.
- We do not process any information from the use of our website that can be traced directly to you. All information is statistical and anonymous.
- We will provide, on request, a statement of your personal information held by IGI.
- If at any time you request us to delete your information or to cease to communicate with you, we will do so. In general, we will only keep your information as long as it is required to carry out the activities in clause 2 above.
- If you have any concerns about the use of your information, please contact us, using the contact details on the IGI website, and we will endeavour to respond as quickly and effectively as practical.
We have sent this statement to you because we believe you wish to be kept informed (or if you have so stated, to be involved in) the work of IGI. If this is not the case, please inform us immediately ( email@example.com ), and we will remove your data from our system. Otherwise, we assume that you wish to continue to receive the services of IGI (as clause 2 above).
IGI Trustees, October 2018