Rwandan Governance Initiative (RIG)
Rwanda Initiative for Governance (RIG) is Rwanda citizens Organization working to promote good governance and citizen participation. It was established in 2011.
Promote and for the benefit of the public, the values of integrity, impartiality, accountability, responsibility and transparency in the practices of governance of public and corporate institutions.
- Advancing the education of the public in the processes of good governance, and the application of the above values and principles among civil servants, public and corporate institutions;
- Promoting citizens participation, principles of accountability, social responsibility and inclusion in all governance initiatives;
- Partnering with state organizations/ institutions, private and other CSOs local and international to fight against injustice and corruption under its different forms;
- Gender equality as one of good governance’s pillars;
- Entering or creating national coalitions and entering into international networks to facilitate the monitoring of public administration, judicial and electoral processes, and other processes of good governance, so as to identify departures from good practices.
- Carrying out researches into the processes of governance and the development of tools and systems for improving and delivering good governance for the profit of the Rwanda population without any discrimination;
The organs of the organization are:
- The General Assembly
- Executive Committee
- Executive Secretariat
- Audit Committee
- Arbitration Committee